Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Tuesday Wrestling Hangover 7-24-2012


The 1000th episode of Raw from St. Louis was truly a great show that gave us a chance to see both current and past superstars. I have to admit I had my doubts that it would be a great show. I found I was entertained throughout the broadcast. I do have my doubts that they can do great three hour shows every week.



What I Think About The 1000th Episode of Raw



Opening Segment

I think it was awesome the crowd was chanting Thank You Vince! Vince McMahon is truly the greatest wrestling mind of all time. The WWE and Raw are a success because of him.

I think it was a great that it was truly DX this time. Shawn Michaels and Triple H were the originators but Road Dogg, Billy Gunn, and X-Pac helped really make the group so popular. They also had a longer run than Shawn Michaels in the original DX. Only thing missing in the reunion was Chyna but in all honesty if we never see her again that’s a good thing.

I really liked HBK and Billy Gunn arguing on who would say if you aren’t down with that I got two words for ya.

I think Damien Sandow is the next big star in the WWE. I’m glad he was chosen to interrupt DX.

I think the only thing to make this segment better was if Brock Lesnar stormed the ring and attacked.



Rey Mysterio/Sin Cara/Sheamus vs. Dolph Ziggler/Chris Jericho/ Alberto Del Rio



I think I liked that JR came down for commentary and was sporting a beard.

I think Jim Ross put Michael Cole to shame. I like Cole but he can’t tell a story or do play by play like Ross.

I think it was an interesting fact that Jericho has had the second most matches on Raw behind Triple H.

I think the match was short but entertaining the Ziggler Jericho feud is heating up and that’s a good thing. However I stick to my guns and say Jericho’s days in wrestling are numbered.



Brodus Clay vs. Jack Swagger

I think I’m really getting tired of Brodus Clay.

I think this was the worst Mick Foley appearance of his current WWE return. I’m a Dude Love fan. But he couldn’t wear the shirt he had from 97-98? Foley was just adding to the annoying squash match that went on. WWE set Jack Swagger free.



AJ and Daniel Bryan

I think it was cool to see Slick but I could be wrong but Raw was never around in his era.

I think I liked the crowd Whating Slick throughout the wedding.

I think over all this was piss poor. Why did they bother using the wedding to announce AJ as the new Raw GM. What a dumb idea to get extra ratings.



Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, and Rock Confrontation

I think I’m glad Rock shaved his beard he looks much younger without it.

I think it was awesome to see CM Punk and The Rock in the ring face to face. I think it was clear the Punk really doesn’t like Rocky. This would only get better later in the night.

I think Rock getting an undeserved title shot at the Royal Rumble is actually a good thing. How hyped up will this Pay Per View be?



Intercontinental Title Match The Miz vs. Christian

I think it’s always great to see Bret Hart and I think Cole even gave him credit for the Attitude Era.

I think Miz and Christian had a great match I’m really happy Miz won the match and the IC Strap. This is finally the right direction for him.



Brock Lesnar Answers Triple H’s Challenge For Summer Slam

I think Heyman has done the best job of anyone with hyping this match.

I think it’s always great to see Stephanie McMahon she really looks good these days.

I’m glad the match is ready to go now but for me the whole segment fell flat. I guess I expected more between Lesnar and Triple H. Does WWE trust Lesnar with a microphone?



Heath Slater vs. Lita

I think this feud with legends has really paid off for The One Man Band.

I think the beat down for all the former superstars was kind of weak didn’t care much for it. Only thing I liked was Bradshaw’s Clothesline From Hell.



Undertaker and Kane Beat Up A Bunch Of Mid-Carders

I think it’s always great to see Undertaker. It’s even better to see him with Kane. The crowd was right to chant This Is Awesome!



John Cena vs. CM Punk

I think it was great the crowd was split they were the top two faces in the company.

I think I almost threw up when CM Punk wanted to shake hands before the match.

I think I enjoyed the crowd booing Cena’s punches.

I think I really, really love the CM Punk heel turn. I could not take much more of him kissing the crowd’s butt. I feel like CM Punk is finally back!

Was it me or did Rock really sell the clothesline and GTS well? If CM Punk faces The Rock at the Rumble it will be epic.



Side Notes

I think I hated the Charlie Sheen stuff. I thought he would actually be there.

I think it was cool to see Sean Mooney again.



Wrestler Of The Night: Without Question it was CM Punk. Finally he is a heel again.

Wrestler Who Had A Rough Night: Mick Foley. It was an awful way to bring back Dude Love.

 



Dan Venus  

No comments:

Post a Comment