Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Tuesday Morning Wrestling Hangover 4-24-2012


I’m on vacation this week and I apologize for being a little late on the Wrestling Hangover. Last night’s Raw was very entertaining. There is a lot of hype now heading into Extreme Rules. I have realized the return of Lesnar has really helped out with the post WrestleMania lag. Usually Extreme Rules is a pay per view not worth ordering. No one can say that this year.

 

What I Liked

·         Edge showing up unannounced to speak to John Cena.

 

·         “I don’t understand who the hell this John Cena is.” –Edge



·         Everything Edge said about Brock Lesnar not caring about the business is completely and 100 percent true.



·         “WAKE UP!” –Edge



·         Jericho hitting the code breaker on Kingston in the air.



·         I really hate a lot about the Jericho/Punk feud but Jericho does a great job making you hate him.



·         “Best in the world at everything I do.” –Chris Jericho



·         Randy Orton putting Paul Bearer in the freezer. Nice to see Percy on TV.



·         Kane’s true dad is the devil that made me laugh.



·         Way to get on camera Alex Riley. I got a feeling he will be future endeavored soon which is a shame.



·         Like seeing Alberto Del Rio each week. Del Rio and Rhodes are great heels.



·         Cody Rhodes putting Big Show in the figure four leg lock.



·         Brock beating up on Josh Matthews. That was just hilarious to me.



·         Nikki Bella new divas champion. About time for a switch. Confused however because there was all the talk about them being released.



·         During Raw my girlfriend said Mark Henry is a freaking beast. I’m a huge Mark Henry fan, at least his work over the last year.



·         Daniel Bryan is so over with every crowd there is. I think he is a bigger deal without the heavyweight championship.



·         Bryan was great in the guest referee roll. I love the yes lock. Chris Benoit would be proud.



·         The crowd being behind Zack Ryder. Santino is very entertaining and I think his in ring work is great. Time to make his character a little more serious that goes for Ryder as well.



·         Brodus Clay using the Taz plex.



·         I thoroughly enjoyed the final segment of the show. Brock Lesnar has done such a good job of making the fans hate him. Let’s face facts the guy is a prick in real life. All Brock really cares about as far as the WWE is getting a paycheck. He owes Vince McMahon and WWE for everything he has. It is so easy to dislike him. It just works so well for the storyline.





What I Did Not Like.

·         Why did Edge say Rock got his mojo back by beating Cena at Mania? He claimed he lost it after being beat by Lesnar in 2002. Did he forget Rock beat Stone Cold at WrestleMania 19? He also beat Hulk Hogan at No Way Out in 2003 as well. That two pretty big wins after losing to Brock.



·         Jericho is not and I repeat not the New Cerebral Assassin. Dumb comment Michael Cole.



·         WWE please give me a reason to care about Kofi Kingston because I honestly don’t. Please decide what you want this guy to do.



·          Eve is now the Executive Administrator. Are you kidding me? SHE CAN’T ACT TO SAVE HER LIFE! She gets this mega push while Miz and Ryder get lost in the shuffle. Creative please wake up.



·         Liquor basket. Can’t wait till the Jericho/ Punk feud is over.



·         R-Truth used as a jobber. The worst thing for his career was turning him face.



·         The Japanese thing for Lord Tensai is very confusing for the average fan. Watching it with my girlfriend last night she was completely lost on his gimmick.



·         I hate the mist thing. Does anyone remember Kwang in 1994?

 

·         Kane’s wig looks so dumb.



·         Was there really any point to having Paul Bearer comeback last night?



·         Miz on the Extreme Rules Pre Show? WTF. I don’t get it anymore and frankly I’m pretty furious about it.



·         The CM Punk sobriety test. STUPID WASTE OF TIME SEGMENT!



·         Primo and Epico boor me.



·         WWE please stop wasting our time by give Abraham Washington any air time.



·         Hornswoggle as Clay’s tag partner. Are you serious bro?



·         Nice job WWE killing the career of Dolph Ziggler.



Other Thoughts

·         Edge is one of the greatest performers of all time. This guy truly loves the business. I would love to see him in the broadcast booth.



·         I would love to see Jericho get a run as the WWE Champion. It’s time to end the feud with CM Punk.



·         Randy Orton needs more air time on Raw.



·         Can we get Cody Rhodes in the title picture?



·         Teddy Long does a great job looking miserable.



·         Is Michael Cole moving away from being a heel?



·         Loved when Lesnar turned on Johnny. The demands were very entertaining.



·         I will admit again I think Brock Lesnar is jerk. At the same time you have to love the guy.



·         Lesnar was the guy WWE groomed to be the number 1 guy in the business. When he left Cena picked up the pieces. Say what you want about John Cena but don’t ever question his passion.


I think this picture says it all. 



Wrestler of the Night: Edge. It’s always great to see him back.

Wrestler Who Had A Rough Night: The Miz. Again we don’t see him on TV and then they announce he will be on the pre show. Absolute slap in the face!

 

Sends questions and thoughts to @Recrewrestling on twitter.

To comment on the Blog you need a google account.



Dan Venus

 


No comments:

Post a Comment